Our mission is to improve your bottom line and increase the profit margin for our clients.
By taking time to sit down with our clients, outline financial needs, and propose solutions, Wisdom CPAs
accountants will become your trusted business advisors.
We don’t just crunch the
numbers, we tell the story.
Wisdom CPAs formally began in 2017 when Jake Wisdom acquired Marianne Schmitt’s CPA practice, a firm that had served his hometown of Hiawatha, Kansas for 36+ years. Prior to the acquisition, Jake spent several years working with clients in Hiawatha and surrounding areas to gain the experience needed to run a successful accounting firm. The dream of owning his own firm is that much sweeter by being able to locate in his hometown.
Wisdom CPAs’ is expanding the current practice into the Kansas City Metro Region to work with additional clients and provide business owners with our unique, consultative accounting style that empowers them to make wiser financial decisions.
Hard work and the dream of
a hometown accountant.
While we have locations in Hiawatha and Kansas City, technology allows us to service clients all over the domestic United States. Since we have clients from California to New York, we have experience preparing most state tax returns. We have particular strengths in the small business, restaurant, retail, dentistry, and agriculture industries, but are always expanding our industry-specific knowledge.
Restaurant, retail, dentistry,
agriculture... and you
- “We have been very pleased with the work Jake has done for us. We have confidence in his knowledge and advice concerning our farming operation.” – Charlie and Betty M
- “The team at Wisdom CPA’s is pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. If I have questions, I can call and get help right away. I enjoy working with all of the people at Wisdom CPA’s.” – Wendy P.
- “Jake and his team are always just one phone call or email away. They respond quickly and stay up-to-date on the latest information.” – Jordan H
- “After the death of my husband in 2018, I was overwhelmed by the amount of legal work and financial planning needed. Jake Wisdom, CPA, was one of my godsends. He was patient, kind , understanding and efficient. I would highly recommend Jake Wisdom, CPA, and his staff for you or for your business needs!” – Carol
- “Wisdom CPA fits our needs splendidly! Our library utilizes many of its services, from payroll to bookkeeping to consulting. All of the team members are personable and hard workers, and I never feel as if my question is too silly. They are there to make sure it gets done right and as quickly as possible.” – Erin V